What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Want a more youthful and radiant appearance? Our Mei Zen system Cosmetic acupuncture may be just what you are looking for. Based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine, it is an effective and painless, non-surgical treatment used to reduce the signs of aging. This gentle yet effective treatment can enhance your appearance and bring out your inner and outer beauty and radiance. It can take years off your face by tightening pores, reducing or eliminating fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, sagging, and discoloration of the face, and is safer and less invasive than Botox and surgical methods. Mei Zen cosmetic acupuncture involves the superficial insertion of very thin needles on the face with some additional acupuncture points used in order to support overall health. Cosmetic acupuncture, also known as Facial Rejuvenation or Acupuncture Face-lift, addresses the external influences of aging, as well as the underlying imbalances affecting it. The result is a natural more youthful appearance and enhanced overall health and well-being.
Cosmetic Acupuncture has been known to:
- Increases circulation, thus oxygenating and rejuvenating the skin
- Helps minimize or eliminate fine lines
- Minimizes frown lines, crow’s feet, and smile lines
- Firms the jaw line as well as reduces jowls
- Diminishes deeper wrinkles
- Tightens the pores
- Eliminates dark circles and puffiness
- Helps lift sagging skin, puffy, or droopy eyelids
- Brightens the eyes Increases collagen production and elastin growth
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases the circulation of blood and lymph to the face and neck
- Reduction or elimination of acne caused by hormonal imbalances and rosacea
- Softens scars and reduces blemishes
- Improves facial color and tone giving healthy color to individuals with dull, tired looking skin
- Nourishes the skin, producing a healthy complexion with a natural glow and radiant, younger looking skin
- Moisturizes the skin from the inside producing softer skin and more even skin tone
What is the course of treatment?
Cosmetic acupuncture involves the superficial insertion of very thin disposable needles on the face. Some additional acupuncture points may be used on the body in order to support overall health. To achieve best results, a biweekly series of 10-15 consecutive Cosmetic Acupuncture treatments are required, however this is modified to the individuals schedule and needs. After completing the course of treatment, maintenance sessions are recommended to prolong results. Follow up sessions may include anywhere from once every month to 4 times a year. Each patient will respond differently to the treatment depending on their age, lifestyle, and motivation. Visible results will be noticeable after 5 -7 sessions. However, you may notice a difference even after the first session. For best results, consistency is very important. With fewer sessions or inconsistent treatments, the results will not be as significant, or as long lasting.
Does it really work?
A 1996 study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture showed that in a clinical trial of 300 cases treated with facial acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment (10 sessions) The effects included improvement of skin elasticity, increase of facial tone, improvement in skin complexion and overall rejuvenation.
Are there any contraindications?
There are some contraindications for those individuals who have heart disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, some pituitary disorders, those who have bleeding or bruising problems, and those who currently suffer from migraine headaches. This procedure should not be performed on pregnant women, during an acute cold or flu, allergic attack, and/or herpes outbreak.
· $125 for a 60- 90 minute (duration depends on individual needs)
* Series of 10 sessions- $1,200
* Series of 15 sessions- $1,775
Please call Vada to set up a free consultation and see if cosmetic acupuncture is right for you.